Oakwood Department of Leisure Services
Skip to nav
Johnny Appleseed Program 2021
The city of Oakwood and Oakwood Beautification Committee will again offer trees for purchase through the Johnny Appleseed Street Tree Planting Project. Applications and detailed brochures describing the project and the tree species will be available in mid to late September at the OCC and on the City website. Oakwood property owners may choose from four or five varieties of trees.
The Johnny Appleseed Street Tree Project began in 1976 in an effort to support the City of Oakwood’s commitment to urban forestry and the environment. To date, this program has been responsible for planting over 3,021 trees. Below are the highlights of the program:
- Cost of the selected species are discounted 50% to Oakwood residents. Trees must be planted in the city right-of-way.
- A Homeowner can purchase a tree to be planted on private property at 100% of the cost.
- Species of trees will be 1 3/4” in diameter and are excellent for planting.
- The areas of Oakwood that need trees the most, as determined by the City, will be given first priority.
- One tree will be allocated at the 50% discount for each approved property site.
- Tree species selections are well suited for planting and most are resistant to disease.
- The tree will be guaranteed for one growing season by the nursery who plants it.
Click on the links below for the brochure and application. The application can be dropped off at or mailed to the OCC, 105 Patterson Rd., Oakwood, OH 45419.
Additional Forms and Files: