Oakwood Department of Leisure Services
Skip to nav
Bring your friends on Tuesday nights to adult open gym. Open gym is for area men and women looking to shoot around or play some pickup games. There is no residency requirement; however proof of residency (identification) is required.
Dates: Tuesdays: November 30, December 7, 14, January 4, 11, 18, 25
February 1, 8, 15, March 1, 8
No Sessions: December 21, 28, February 22
Times: 8:30 - 10:00 P.M.
Fees: $1 (R), $2 (NR) (Pay at the door in cash)
Location: Edwin D. Smith Elementary School, 1701 Shafor Blvd.
OPEN GYM RULES
- All participants must be 18 years old or older.
- You must have a state ID or drivers' license or you will not be allowed entrance, no exceptions. Also you must complete the sign in sheet completely each night you play; full name, address and phone number. This will be compared to ID.
- You may be asked to leave for the following but not limited to: fighting, foul or abusive language, drugs or alcohol, betting, use of tobacco products, excessive noise outside of the facility, arguing over calls or misuse of school property.
- Facility Supervisor or City Staff reserve the right to dismiss anyone at any time. Dismissal from open gym will result in an at least a two week suspension.
- Food and Drink are not permitted in the gym (except water).
- This program is located in a residential area. Please depart in a quiet and orderly manner.
- Doors will not open until 8:20 P.M. You may not enter the building before that time. If you are in the building before that time you will be asked to leave the premises for the night.
- Games are 10 minutes; if a game is tied next basket wins.
- No slamming or hanging on the net.
- You may only play in two consecutive games, depending on the amount of participants in the gym.
- You must sign-in in numerical order. No skipping line or changing order.